Apple has released iOS 6.1.6 with SSL security fix for iPhone 3GS and the iPod touch 4th generation. Still we are waiting for the official p0sixspwn standalone update to jailbreak iOS 6.1.6.
We can not jailbreak iOS 6.1.6 with latest available p0sixspwn 1.0.7 For the jailbreakers is not that much bad since you can jailbreak iOS 6.1.6 with some workarounds. You can update to iOS 6.1.6 and enjoy same untethered jailbreak that is available for iOS 6.1.3 to iOS 6.1.5 with P0sixspwn Download.
How to jailbreak iOS 6.1.6 with P0sixspwn - iOS 6.1.6 jailbreak Guide
- First jailbreak your device with RedSn0w or sn0wbreeze , Yes its tethered jailbreak ( You must get iOS 6.0 firmware file for the iOS device and point Redsn0w to iOS 6.0 firmware file, then note iOS 6.1.6 firmware file)
- WIth your jailbroken device , Search p0sixspwn v1.4 and install it
- That is it, your tethered jailbreak will convert to untethered jailbreak and you are successfully jailbreak iOS 6.1.6 with P0sixspwn
Important facts about iOS 6.1.6 jailbreak
- iOS 6.1.6 Supporting devices - iOS 6.1.6 is only available for iPhone 3GS or iPod touch 4th generation
- There are some complains about "Stuck At Apple Boot Logo" - we will update you ASAP with this situation
- Better to Stay with iOS 6.1.5 if you are not concerned about iOS 6.1.6 SSL security fix
- Personal advice - Wait for official p0sixspwn jailbreak update for iOS 6.1.6
- If you going to jailbreak , you must tethered jailbreak using Redsn0w and then use P0sixspwn Cydia package to untethered it.